Family Relationships

Join other women in the sandwich generation - share ideas and solutions as you learn to nourish family relationships without starving yourself.

Friday, February 05, 2010

Sandwich Generation: Nurture Yourself

All week we've been talking about how to stay centered and nourish yourself on Valentine's Day. But don't save these practical strategies for just one day a year. Use them often and they'll become second nature.

Relax and rejuvenate to relieve stress. Nurture yourself and your body through regular exercise, good nutrition and proper rest. Attend to your mind and your spirit. Practice techniques of deep breathing or your own form of meditation. And set aside quiet time to do what brings you pleasure. This sort of attitude will sustain you as well as promote greater self care.
Woman holding bouquet of pink roses
On Valentine's Day, give yourself the priceless gift of a life less stressed. Mark the calendar with February 14th as the first day of the rest of your life. Commit to keeping your worry in check and maintaining balance in your life. As you savor your newfound power, cast a love spell in celebration of you.

Still want more ideas? Clicking on the title of this post will take you to HerMentorCenter.com and an article on ten self-fullness tips for women. And stick around the site for a while - there are lots more articles that may spark your interest.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Link

1 Comments:

Anonymous Sharon - Mom Generations said...

I am truly enjoying your website. I am caring for my elderly Mom who is recovering from a bout with pneumonia. She does live independently in a senior complex, but I am her sole care-keeper. I also own a web business with one of my daughters and my husband and I own a company run by my husband and our 2 sons. Our youngest daughter lives out of state but visits almost every weekend with her dogs. We have 9 beautiful grandchildren. SO... time for self is planned time for sure. I cannot stress enough the wisdom in your suggestion to "relax and rejuvenate to relieve stress." I began "running" a little over a year ago. My younger daughter is a distance runner and she encouraged me last year to give running a try. RUNNING?? No way!! Well, a bit more encouragement had me out there running around the block... then a mile or so. I felt the energy of my own time. My own thoughts. I enjoyed the sun, the wind, even the rain. I could do this thing in-between all my other responsibilities. I loved it. My Mom, my kids, my grandkids were proud of me. I entered a couple of 5k's and my family stood at the end, cheering me on. Running energized me! Well... I am training for my first half marathon. It's in less than 2 weeks. And I am training for my first half Ironman. Yes. IRONMAN. I am doing it with my daughter, daughter-in-law, son-in-law, possibly son!... and my daughter's boyfriend. It is amazing how the more I use my body and mind, the less stress enters. My Mom is my biggest supporter, too!! She loves what I am doing and often says to me, "Don't you have to get your run in??!!" Ah. Sandwiched in a good way!!

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home