Family Relationships

Join other women in the sandwich generation - share ideas and solutions as you learn to nourish family relationships without starving yourself.

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Here are some thoughts from readers about when they find themselves in the moment:

"The beach at low tide does it for me - walking near the water on the hard packed sand, listening to the sound of the waves, finding half buried sand dollars."

"Being with my grandkids is a zen state - they're fascinated by the smallest wonders and that forces me to slow down and pay attention to the world around me."

"I think I truly feel 'in the moment' when I am participating in religious services. I love knowing that I have a special connection with the congregation around me singing in one voice. I am moved to reach out and bond with the other souls there. I don't look at my watch - I just enjoy being at one with the universe."

Do any of these ideas work for you? More next week.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love spending time talking with good friends, over coffee or taking a walk. Even connecting on the phone works when our busy lives have us going in different directions.

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The beach and playing with grandkids sounds great. But what if you're not close to either and you're working a 9 to 5 job that you hate? Not being woken up by hot flashes during the night puts me in a zen state.

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home