Family Relationships

Join other women in the sandwich generation - share ideas and solutions as you learn to nourish family relationships without starving yourself.

Friday, August 24, 2007

Despite the swift passage of time and the physical distance between us, when I visit with my older sister it's as if we've never been apart. Although I used to be the one she had to look after, we are now at the stage where we care for each other. All of our children are married with little ones of their own, and our role as grandmother has become what identifies us - in the family, that is.

But we're not ready to settle into the rocking chair just yet. We're both starting new projects at a time when we could be winding down our work lives. During the week together, at her lake cottage in Canada, we spent a lot of time talking about our work - and it was invigorating to share ideas, to give input and feedback, to get excited about the possibilities.

Do you have a sister or an old friend you haven't seen lately? With lots to catch up on, get in touch and make it happen - you'll be glad that you did.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Blur Ting said...

Hi Rosemary, thanks for dropping by my blog! I love visitors. And thanks for the great advice! You take care too!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

I have no sisters, but I have a sister in law who has sisters. Since we have been in each other's lives forever (over 40 years). Each year we gather together at my brother's home in Maryland for a "girls weekend". Even my 17 year old daughter joins us. It is totally awesome....a great time for us to get together and laugh and carry on. It is a huge pajama party. I am also blessed with great girlfriends. What would we do without them? I have actually written about it on my blog at www.hotflashingthoughts.blogspot.com. I love my women. They are such an important part of my life.

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home