Family Relationships

Join other women in the sandwich generation - share ideas and solutions as you learn to nourish family relationships without starving yourself.

Saturday, January 05, 2008

This ends our posts of how you, as Sandwiched Boomers, can take care of yourself as you juggle family responsibilities:

1. Draw upon your strengths – both personal and spiritual – as you put one foot in front of the other and do what you have to do each day. You know best what sustains you in difficult times – love, duty, loyalty, faith, hope, compassion, bravery, forgiveness.

2. Create boundaries to protect yourself. Don't beat yourself up for the mistakes you make - learn from them. Rather than give up, allow yourself the opportunity to regroup and try something else. Keep in mind that you are human and not all knowing. You deserve another chance.

Remember that this stage of your life, as are all others, is a process of inevitable movement. One day your children will be grown and your parents will be gone. What you will have then are the memories you have collected today. Resolve to take care of yourself this New Year so that they will be ones you will cherish.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually focus on my weaknesses rather than my strengths and to forgive myself is also an unfamiliar notion. The tips you give make me realize how hard I am on myself.

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mother is so needy that some days are a blur. I'm feel like I'm neglecting my kids but there aren't enough hours in the day.

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home